help our little children and let us grow together:Plant a Smile & Hope
The children’s program is focused on children who live on the outskirts of the city of Huancayo.
These places are characterized by extreme social and economic poverty, generally in areas where basic public services such as potable water, sewerage, electricity, sanitation and infrastructure are generally non-existent or very limited or people with disabilities.
We find children with chronic malnutrition, exposed to dangerous street conditions, dysfunctional families (family violence, abandonment, machismo, alcoholism, among others), who are absent from school or who work from a very young age to help the family economy.
Our children project
Our goal is to help change and improve this situation. For this, we promote an education that contributes to the motivation of children, to the emotional reinforcement of children, to build a healthy self-esteem, to be responsible and respectful with society and the environment, and above all to solidarity and Cooperation . We work with children between 6 and 12 years old. We develop a practical teaching method, focused on promoting learning in ethical values, self-esteem and obtaining new social skills that will later be useful for the future.
- Type of volunteering: Socio-emotional / educational / child
- A minimum commitment of 6 weeks and a maximum of 12 weeks. The minimum duration is a question of pedagogy, to give continuity to the project, confidence and security for the children.
- Project location: In the marginal areas of the Andean city of Huancayo, a beautiful hill, these areas are very precarious economically speaking, but at the same time they are safe, since people give us their support because we have demonstrated with our proven work.
Responsibilities and who is it aimed at: This volunteer project is aimed at those people with a big heart and great social emotion to promote the improvement of the quality of life of those human beings who need a hand to improve and seek a better future. .
As we have commented previously, although anyone can participate, and it is not necessary to have a professional degree or previous volunteer experience.
However, given our experience and fully social and empirical work, it is also ideal for obtaining practical and field experience for students or professionals in this field, such as psychology, social education, social work, teaching, leisure and free time monitor, pedagogy, occupational therapy. , arts, social marketing, sociology, medicine, administration, international cooperation and NGOs.
- over 20 years old
Contact through social networks or WhatsApp.
- Complete the registration form.
- Valid ID or passport
- Volunteers must have the ability and patience to work and deal with young girls (5-10 years old)
- Have extra money for your personal expenses, transportation and excursions.
ability to work and integrate in a multicultural environment
- Volunteers must have the necessary vaccinations and medical insurance.
- We also accept pre / unpaid professional internships, we make agreements with universities and validation of specializations
ACTIVITIES AND WORKSHOPS :
- Didactic crafts (origami, drawing and painting)
Dance, sing and act.
- Theater and acting
- Languages (English, Quechua)
- Pastry and chocolates.
- School support and reinforcement (geography, knowledge of the environment, communication, mathematics, languages, etc.)
- Outdoor sports and games
- Dynamic learning and cooperation games.
- Excursions to the countryside, city or zoo.
- Ecology and Recycling
Hygiene and nutrition
- Tolerance, self-esteem and confidence.
* We are open to new ideas and activities.